Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thankful for Marvelous Mom and Darling Daughter

Gratitude:  a means of giving thanks for the many blessings that are brought into our life.  It is the one thing that I am not good at doing.  I have a propensity to find the things that can go wrong before I can make myself find the things that are blessings - no matter how big or small.  I guess that comes with the sinful nature that man experiences.  It is so easy to slack off and so hard (for me in some things) to work to keep the train moving.  Inertia could be my middle name.  :)

So since I know nothing just "happens" without taking the first start, I think I am going to start more gratitude posts.  I am thankful for my mom who as I grow older, becomes more and more closer in mind, thought, and circumstances.  We do not live within a close range to see one another, but when we are, there are things that we will say or do that make us both giggle or shake our head in disbelief that we have some of the same sentiments.  I must say, there were times in my life when I thought I would never get along with her - though no one really knew this.  We played a little bit of the "cold war"or "find a way to be too busy" to notice that we were both really miserable.  There are still fences to be mended and bridges to cross, but they will come in time if they are really that important to either of us.  At this point in time, I have not lived under her roof for almost 30 years so there is no use bringing up old dirt.

Love that mom o'mine but I have to admit, there is a bond that may be stronger when you have your own kid.  I am thankful for a daughter who has a good head on her shoulders and a will to do the best she can.  She is creative and funny, at times she blows me away with the depth of her understanding of the human will and at other times I worry that she is blazing down the same burnt out trail of relationships that I once road.  It may not be pretty, I will be disheartening, but growth will come from it.  I just hope she doesn't do everything her mom did.

Growth.... there is so much to say about it, but that will have to be for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment